Blog 2.6.24
After our exercise in questioning our questions, I am left not knowing what I really am asking. Although this can be a good thing, I don't know what I don't know in terms of what I'm really wanting to research. Yes, I have ideas, but I think until we spend some good time getting into literature reviews, I won't necessarily know what niche one of my questions will find itself in.
I was excited though to share my ideas about the monumentally scaled urban constants in our life, and I was able to get some books to look into regarding my questions, and topics of interest from a couple weeks ago.
I was recommended to look at Tower to Tower: Gigantism in Architecture and Digital Culture by Henriette Steiner and Kristin Veel and also On Longing: Narratives of the Miniature and the Gigantic by Susan Stewart.
Looking at Tower to Tower, there's an interesting spin on the theme of monumental architecture. While I haven't been able to take a look at it anywhere, I find the inclusion of digital culture into the realm of gigantic architecture to be a pairing I wouldn't think was there.
I think that line of thinking will help me broaden what I think I want to study by offering different perspectives of how to think about questions. Not by asking them in a different way, but adding content onto them that make them more nuanced, therefore leading to a deeper study of the topic of interest.
Ultimately, like I said, I think my issue of deepening my question(s) depth will be when I get to read literature related to my interests.
I'm excited to get into all of this!
Comments
Post a Comment